my $driver = Log::Agent::Driver::Syslog->make(
-prefix => prefix,
-facility => "user",
-showpid => 1,
-socktype => "unix",
-logopt => "ndelay",
logconfig(-driver => $driver);
DESCRIPTIONThe syslog logging driver delegates logxxx() operations to syslog() via the Sys::Syslog(3) interface.
The creation routine make() takes the following switches:
- "-facility" => facility
Tell syslog() which facility to use (e.g. ``user'', ``auth'', ``daemon'').
Unlike the Sys::Syslog(3) interface, the facility is set once and for all:
every logging message will use the same facility.
If you wish to log something to ``auth'' for instance, then do so via Sys::Syslog directly: there is no guarantee that the application will configure its Log::Agent to use syslog anyway!
- "-logopt" => syslog options
- Specifies logging options, under the form of a string containing zero or more of the words ndelay, cons or nowait.
- "-prefix" => prefix
- The prefix here is syslog's identification string.
- "-showpid" => flag
- Set to true to have the PID of the process logged. It is false by default.
- "-socktype" => (unix | inet)
- Specifies the logging socket type to use. The default behaviour is to use Sys:Syslog's default.