SYNOPSISlr_log2mail [options] service addresses...
lr_log2report --help [dlf-converters|output-formats|report-templates]
- --help [section]
If no argument is given, prints usage information and exits. Argument
can be one of the following:
- Prints the list of available DLF converters and exits.
- Prints the list of available output formats and exits.
- Prints the list of available report templates and exits.
- Prints Lire's version and exits.
- --output-format|-o output format
- Selects the ouput format in which to generate the report.
- --template name
- Uses the report configuration named name to generate the report.
- --log-file logfile
- Selects the log file that should be processed instead of STDIN.
- --subject|-s subject
- Sets the subject of the email message. Defaults to 'Your format report'.
- --extra-file file
- An additional text file that will be sent along the report. If the output format is txt, it will be appended to the report.
DESCRIPTIONThe lr_log2mail command is similar to the lr_log2report(1) command with the difference that the report is sent by email. The log file is read from STDIN or from the file specified using the --log-file option. The format of the log file is specified using the dlf_converter argument. Use the --help-dlf-converters option to get a list of all currently available DLF converters. All remaining arguments are interpreted as email addresses to which to send the report. In case the log is passed in a compressed format, it's uncompressed on the fly, using gzip(1).
The report will be encapsulated in a MIME email appropriate for the output format. For example, ASCII reports will be sent inline, PDF reports will be sent as a file attachment and HTML reports should appear inline in a HTML-capable mail reader.
The From and Reply-To headers in the outgoing emails are set to the values of the lr_mail_from and lr_mail_replyto configuration variables.
% lr_log2mail -s "bind8 report" bind8_query \ root "Joe User <[email protected]>" < /var/log/query.log
VERSION$Id: lr_log2mail.in,v 1.60 2006/07/23 13:16:33 vanbaal Exp $
COPYRIGHTCopyright (C) 2000-2004 Stichting LogReport Foundation [email protected]
This program is part of Lire.
Lire is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html.