luvcview is a camera viewer for UVC based webcams. It includes an mjpeg decoder and is able to save the video stream as an AVI file.
OPTIONSA summary of options is included below.
- Enable raw frame capturing for the first frame.
- Enable raw frame stream capturing from the start.
- -d /dev/videoX
- Specify the video device to use.
- -f format
Specify the video format to use.
- jpg or MJPG
- JPEG format. This is the default if available.
- yuv or YUYV
- YUV format.
- uyvy or UYVY
- UYV format.
- Grab the images with READ method instead of default MMAP.
- Print a help text and exit.
- Query valid video formats.
- Query valid controls and settings.
- -o outputfile
- Create an AVI file with the stream received from the video device.
- Read and set control settings from the luvcview.cfg file in the current directory. Such a configuration file can be created by using the F1 key in the interface.
- -s widthxheight
- Select the image input size.
Enable raw stream capturing from the start.
Laurent Pinchart && Michel Xhaard.
This manual page was originaly written by Aurelien Jarno <[email protected]>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others).