SYNOPSISmaphimbu [,OPTION/]... [,FILE/]
DESCRIPTIONThis program produces 1-d histograms from numerical or text data input. It can be also used to estimate the probability distribution function of a numerical variable - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probability_density_function.
- -x <int>
- x-data column (default is 1)
- -y <int>
- y-data column (default is 2); It is considered only when combined with '-m' or '-S'
- -d <float|int>
- delta size (dx-resolution) in case of numerical data; Keep in mind that 2 is not the same as 2.0: in the first case the numbers are treated as integers, in the latter as floats.
- normalize the result A) non-numerical data: n(x) = counts(x)/sum_of_counts B) numerical data: the normalized probability density func.
- is P(-INF < x <INF) = Int_[-INF:INF] P(x)*dx = 1 ;
- For the numerical integration an open x-data interval is assumed.
- normalize data against the total sum of counts (same as option '-n' with case A forced)
- normalize the result with x-range mapped to unit; The x-values are mapped to the interval [0:1], respectively Int_[0:1] P(x)*dx = 1; This option is mutually exclusive with '-n'.
- compute sums and normalized sums of y-values; The total sum of all y-values is used for the normalization.
- compute the arithmetic average of the y-values in the underlying x-bin
- compute accumulated sums of the result data column (default is colum 2, or 3 in case of normalization); The program 'mintegrate' is need in this case.
- -s <int>
- sort output using the specified column; Header is skipped in this case.
- -g <int>
- sort output numerically using the specified column; Header is skipped in this case.
- do reverse sorting (in combination with '-g' and '-s')
- center histogram bins (shifts x-axis by 0.5*dx)
- treat hole line as one string (single data record)
- print a data description header
- print program version and exit
- output version and copyright information
- display help
- display short help (options summary)
Note: this program is not intended for use in high order numerical computations.
REPORTING BUGSReport bugs to <[email protected]>
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2003-2007, 2009, 2011-2013 Dimitar Ivanov
License: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.