or select Dictionary from the Accessories submenu of the Applications menu.
DESCRIPTIONMATE Dictionary provides dictionary definitions of words, using a dictionary source.
For full documentation see the MATE Dictionary online help.
- --look-up word
- Looks up the specified word using the pre-defined dictionary source.
- --match word
- Matches one or more words using the pre-defined dictionary source.
- -s source or --source source
- Uses the specified source for looking up words. This does not affect the global settings.
- -n or --no-window
- Using this switch with the --look-up will print the definitions found on the console without launching the GUI.
- -D database or --database database
- Use the specified database for looking up words. This does not affect the global settings.
- Display help information.
CONFIGURATIONAll the configuration is handled using GSettings.
AUTHORMATE Dictionary was originally written by Spiros Papadimitriou (<[email protected]>), Mike Hughes (<[email protected]>) and Bradford Hovinen (<[email protected]>).
Emmanuele Bassi (<[email protected]>) rewrote it from scratch.
This manual page was originally written by Jochen Voss <[email protected]>.