VERSIONThis document describes Mouse version v2.4.5
printf "Mouse/%s is compatible with Moose/%s\n",
DESCRIPTIONMouse is a subset of Moose. This document describes to what extend Mouse is compatible (and incompatible) with Moose.
Compatibility with MooseSugary APIs
The sugary APIs are highly compatible with Moose. Methods which have the same name as Moose's are expected to be compatible with Moose's.
Meta object protocols
Meta object protocols are a subset of the counterpart of Moose. Their methods which have the same name as Moose's are expected to be compatible with Moose's. Feel free to use these methods even if they are not documented.
However, there are differences between Moose's MOP and Mouse's. For example, meta object protocols in Mouse have no attributes by default, so "$metaclass->meta->make_immutable()" will not work as you expect. Don not make metaclasses immutable.
Meta instance mechanism is not implemented, so you cannot change the reftype of Mouse objects in the same way as Moose.
Role exclusion, "exclude()", is not implemented.
-metaclass in Mouse::Exporter
"use Mouse -metaclass => ..." are not implemented. Use "use Mouse -traits => ..." instead.
Native traits are not supported directly, but "MouseX::NativeTraits" is available on CPAN. Once you have installed it, you can use it as the same way in Moose. That is, native traits are automatically loaded by Mouse.
See MouseX::NativeTraits for details.
Notes about Moose::CookbookMany recipes in Moose::Cookbook fit Mouse, including:
- Moose::Cookbook::Basics::Recipe1 - The (always classic) Point example
- Moose::Cookbook::Basics::Recipe2 - A simple BankAccount example
- Moose::Cookbook::Basics::Recipe3 - A lazy BinaryTree example
- Moose::Cookbook::Basics::Recipe4 - Subtypes, and modeling a simple Company class hierarchy
- Moose::Cookbook::Basics::Recipe5 - More subtypes, coercion in a Request class
- Moose::Cookbook::Basics::Recipe6 - The augment/inner example
- Moose::Cookbook::Basics::Recipe7 - Making Moose fast with immutable
- Moose::Cookbook::Basics::Recipe8 - Builder methods and lazy_build
- Moose::Cookbook::Basics::Recipe9 - Operator overloading, subtypes, and coercion
- Moose::Cookbook::Basics::Recipe10 - Using BUILDARGS and BUILD to hook into object construction
- Moose::Cookbook::Roles::Recipe1 - The Moose::Role example
- Moose::Cookbook::Roles::Recipe2 - Advanced Role Composition - method exclusion and aliasing
- Moose::Cookbook::Roles::Recipe3 - Applying a role to an object instance
- Moose::Cookbook::Meta::Recipe2 - A meta-attribute, attributes with labels
- Moose::Cookbook::Meta::Recipe3 - Labels implemented via attribute traits
- Moose::Cookbook::Extending::Recipe3 - Providing an alternate base object class