SYNOPSISncpd [-V] [-h] [-v log-class] [-d] [-e] [-p [host:]port] [-s device] [-b baud-rate] [long-options]
DESCRIPTIONncpd is the daemon which handles the serial link to your Psion. It listens at port 7501 for local connections and provides basic PLP/NCP services for plpfuse and plpftp and other front-ends. It auto-connects to the psion, even after unplugging/switching off therefore it can run all the time if you can dedicate a serial device to it.
- -V, --version
- Display the version and exit
- -h, --help
- Display a short help text and exit.
- -e, --autoexit
- Exit automatically if the device is disconnected. Furthermore, use the current tty as I/O device. This option is intended for starting ncpd on demand using mgetty's auto-detect function. (A patch for mgetty is needed for that).
- -v, --verbose=log-class
Increase the logging level of the program. the possible values for log-class
- Set NCP debug level to LOG
- Set NCP debug level to DEBUG
- Set Link debug level to LOG
- Set Link debug level to DEBUG
- Set Packet debug level to LOG
- Set Packet debug level to DEBUG
- Set Packet debug level to HANDSHAKE
- Set overall debug level to verbose
- Turn on all the above logging on.
- -d, --dontfork
- Do not background the daemon.
- -p, --port=[host:]port
- Specify the port to listen on - by default the value for the host is 127.0.0.1 and the value for the port is looked up in /etc/services using the key psion/tcp. If it is not found there, a default value of 7501 is used.
- -s, --serial=device
- Specify the serial device to use to connect to the Psion - this defaults to /dev/ttyS0
- -b, --baudrate=baud-rate
Specify the baud rate to use for the serial connection. If the word
is specified, ncpd cycles through baud-rates of 115200, 57600, 38400, 19200
and 9600 baud. Default setting is auto.