VERSIONThis documentation refers to Net::DRI::Logging version 1.02
SYNOPSISThis module is never used directly, only its subclasses are used. See the subclasses documentation: Net::DRI::Logging::Files, Net::DRI::Logging::Null and Net::DRI::Logging::Stderr. See also Net::DRI documentation and its "logging()" method.
DESCRIPTIONThis is the superclass of all logging modules (under the Net::DRI::Logging::* namespace).
EXAMPLESSee Net::DRI documentation.
SUBROUTINES/METHODSThis is mostly a pure virtual superclass. All subclasses should have the following methods:
a ref hash is passed with some keys ; besides keys specifically related to the logging
class used, some keys are (or should be) understood by all clases.
current level of logging (no messages below this level would be dumped), between:
debug info notice warning error critical alert emergency ; default: warning
It can be changed anytime later by using the level() method
- 0 or 1 depending if you want your XML strings to be dumped as a long line (0) or indented for humans (1) ; default: 0
- if needed, name of encoding to use to convert data stream ; default: UTF-8
- returns the name as string of the logging modules
- prepare for a new channel of data comming from SOURCE (package name), of TYPE ; DATA is a ref hash of additional parameter, such as filenames, etc.
- add data to channel type TYPE at level LEVEL ('debug', 'info', 'notice', etc.) ; DATA is a ref hash with all data to log or a simple string (the message) ; the logging module should know what to do with it and how to format it (which may depend on the TYPE attribute, which itself is tied to the SOURCE attribute of "setup_channel()").
CONFIGURATION AND ENVIRONMENTSee the "new()" method.
DEPENDENCIESThis module has to be used inside the Net::DRI framework and needs the following components:
BUGS AND LIMITATIONSNo known bugs. Please report problems to author (see below) or use CPAN RT system. Patches are welcome.
The interface could be later changed to suit Log::Log4Perl or other Perl standard logging modules, if needed.
Other subclasses should be created to cater for other logging destinations (such as a RDBMS).
Net::DRI expects these logging modules to be non-blocking and returning immediately.
This logging framework is currently only used by Net::DRI::Transport::Socket, it should get applied to other transports and other internal parts of Net::DRI.
When LocalStorage do appear inside Net::DRI, logging should probably use it (TODO).
SUPPORTFor now, support questions should be sent to:
Please also see the SUPPORT file in the distribution.
AUTHORPatrick Mevzek, <[email protected]>
LICENSE AND COPYRIGHTCopyright (c) 2009,2010 Patrick Mevzek <[email protected]>. All rights reserved.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
See the LICENSE file that comes with this distribution for more details.