int netread (int s, char *buf, int nbytes);
ssize_t netread_timeout (int s, void *buf, size_t nbytes, int timeout);
DESCRIPTIONnetread receives a message from a socket. It overcomes the message fragmentation problem and always waits for all requested bytes to arrive or a timeout/error occurs.
RETURN VALUEThis routine returns the number of bytes if the operation was successful, 0 if the connection was closed by the remote end or -1 if the operation failed. In the latter case, serrno is set appropriately.
- The function was interrupted by a signal.
- s is not a valid descriptor.
- The socket is non-blocking and there is no message available.
- buf is not a valid pointer.
- nbytes is negative or zero.
- s is not a socket.
- Connection closed by remote end.
- Timed out.
AUTHORLCG Grid Deployment Team