int netwrite (int s, char *buf, int nbytes);
ssize_t netwrite_timeout (int s, void *buf, size_t nbytes, int timeout);
DESCRIPTIONnetwrite sends a message on a socket.
RETURN VALUEThis routine returns the number of bytes if the operation was successful, 0 if the connection was closed by the remote end or -1 if the operation failed. In the latter case, serrno is set appropriately.
- The function was interrupted by a signal.
- s is not a valid descriptor.
- The socket is non-blocking and there is no space available in the system buffers for the message.
- buf is not a valid pointer.
- nbytes is negative or zero.
- s is not a socket.
- Connection closed by remote end.
- Timed out.
AUTHORLCG Grid Deployment Team