nvme lnvm-factory [--device-name=<DEVICE> | -d <DEVICE>]
[--erase-only-marked | -e]
[--clear-host-side-blks | -s]
[--clear-bb-blks | -b]
Instantiate a target on top of a LightNVM enabled device. This exposes the physical for the user to use.
--device-name=<DEVICE>, -d <DEVICE>
- Device name to factory initialize
- Erases only blocks that are marked in the bad block list
- Remove host-side bad block marks. This clear the media manager registration
- Removes the grown bad block marks. Allowing them to be rediscovered.
- • Factory reset of device nvme0n1
# nvme lnvm-factory -d nvme0n1
- • Complete factory reset of device nvme0n1
# nvme lnvm-factory -d nvme0n1 -s -b
Part of the nvme-user suite