ossdetect [-diuv] [-m<mode>] [-L<path>]
DESCRIPTIONThe ossdetect application performs automatic detection of soundcards. The application looks at the $OSSETCDIR/device.list and performs automatic detection. It will create a file with the list of the configured drivers in $OSSETCDIR/installed_drivers. OSSETCDIR is decided by reading /etc/oss.conf, and defaults to /etc/oss4.
The Input Multiplexer driver (IMUX) is not configured by default and can be added to the OSS configuration using the -i option.
- Create device file links.
- Adds the oss_imux driver.
- Create nodes with permissions set to octal <mode>.
- Create nodes with group ownership set to <group>.
- Adds the oss_userdev driver.
- Verbose output.
- Use <path> as root directory for OSS files. Default: Path from /etc/oss.conf, followed by /usr/lib/oss.