my $dia = Parse::Dia::SQL->new(
file => 't/data/TestERD.dia',
db => 'db2'
# or command-line version
perl parsediasql --file t/data/TestERD.dia --db db2
DESCRIPTIONDia is a diagram creation program for Linux, Unix and Windows released under the GNU General Public License.
Parse::Dia::SQL converts Dia class diagrams into SQL.
Parse::Dia::SQL is the parser that interprets the .dia file(s) into an internal datastructure.
Parse::Dia::SQL::Output (or one of its sub classes) can take the datastructure and generate the SQL statements it represents.
MODELLING HOWTOSee <http://tedia2sql.tigris.org/usingtedia2sql.html>
Modelling differences from tedia2sql
- Index options are supported. Text is taken from the comments field of the operation, i.e. the index. A database specific default value is used if the comments field is left blank. Consult the Output sub class' constructor.
- Type mapping is supported. A type mapping is a user-defined column name replacement. Unlike tedia2sql the type mapping is non-recursive. Consult "t/data/typemap.dia" for an example.
- Preliminary support for Dia's database shapes is added.
- Table comments are used as table postfix options. This means per-table options (e.g. partitioning options) are supported on a per-database level.
- backticks notation is supported for MySQL-InnoDB.
DIA VERSIONSParse::Dia::SQL has been tested with Dia versions 0.93 - 0.97.
Parse::Dia::SQL uses the XML "version" tag information in the .dia input file to determine how each XML construct is formatted. Future versions of Dia may change the internal format, and XML "version" tag is used to detect such changes.
DATABASE SUPPORTThe following databases are supported:
- SQLite3fk (with foreign key support)
- MySQL InnoDB
- MySQL MyISAM
Adding support for additional databases means to create a subclass of Parse::Dia::SQL::Output.
Patches are welcome.
AUTHORParse::Dia::SQL is based on tedia2sql by Tim Ellis and others. See the AUTHORS file for details.
Modified by Andreas Faafeng, "<aff at cpan.org>" for release on CPAN.
BUGSPlease report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-parse-dia-sql at rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Parse-Dia-SQL>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes.
SUPPORTYou can find documentation for this module with the perldoc command.
You can also look for information at:
Documentation and public source code repository:
- RT: CPAN's request tracker
- AnnoCPAN: Annotated CPAN documentation
- CPAN Ratings
- Search CPAN
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTSSee the AUTHORS file.
LICENSEThis program is released under the GNU General Public License.
TERMINOLOGYBy database we mean relational database management system (RDBMS).
The constructor. Mandatory arguments:
file - The .dia file to parse db - The target database type
Dies if target database is unknown or unsupported.
Return sql for given db. Calls underlying methods that performs
parsing and sql generation.