SYNOPSISpatchedit [command] patchfile
DESCRIPTIONpatchedit is a helper script for managing patch headers according to <http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/>.
- edit (default)
Opens patchfile in EDITOR (or VISUAL or sensible-editor) and
- checks all headers
- marks problems
- adds missing required headers with proposals for their values
If no command is given, edit is chosen automatically.
- Does a non-interactive check if the headers conform to DEP3. Prints the results (missing required headers, wrong values, ...) to stdout.
- patchfile (required)
- The patch to work on.
- Tries to fix problems in the headers when editing/checking patches.
- Also add/print missing optional headers.
- Help output.
ENVIRONMENTpatchedit respects DEBEMAIL (or EMAIL) and DEBFULLNAME (for new Author or Reviewed-by headers).
NOTEThis script is not pkg-perl specific. It should go into devscripts eventually.
* preserve the extra fields * preserve the order of the fields
COPYRIGHT AND LICENSECopyright 2010, Jozef Kutej <[email protected]>.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.