SYNOPSISpcsc-spy [-n|--nocolor] [-d|--diffable] [-h|--help] [fifo_filename]
DESCRIPTIONpcsc-spy displays PC/SC calls of an application. It must be used with the libpcscspy.so library.
To be able to spy the PC/SC layer, the application flow must be modified so that all PC/SC calls are redirected. Two options are available:
- - the application is linked with libpcsclite.so.1
- - the application loads the libpcsclite.so.1 library using dlopen(3)
- -d, --diffable
- Remove the variable parts (like handler values) from the output so that two execution can be more easily compared.
- -h, --help
- Display a short help text.
- -n, --nocolor
- Disable the output colorization (if you want redirect the output in a file for example).
- -v, --version
- Print the version of the pcsc-spy program plus a copyright, a list of authors.
Applications linked with libpcsclite.so.1We will use the standard "LD_PRELOAD" loader option to load our spying library.
Application loading libpcsclite.so.1This is the case for the PC/SC wrappers like pyscard (for Python) and pcsc-perl (for Perl). The LD_PRELOAD mechanism can't be used. Instead we replace the libpcsclite.so.1 library by the spying one.
You may use install_spy.sh and uninstall_spy.sh to install and uninstall the spying library.
Using the spying library without pcsc-spy is not a problem but has side effects:
- a line ``libpcsclite_nospy.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'' will be displayed
- some CPU time will be lost because of the PC/SC calls redirection
Starting the spy tool
If a command argument is passed we use it instead of the default ~/pcsc-spy FIFO file. It is then possible to record an execution log and use pcsc-spy multiple times on the same log.
To create the log file just do:
mkfifo ~/pcsc-spy cat ~/pcsc-spy > logfile
and run your PC/SC application.
Mac OS XThe installation is not automatic. In the pcsc-lite/src/spy directory do:
Then copy the PCSC.framework directory in /tmp
cp -a PCSC.framework /tmp
Copy the official PCSC.framework (binary only) in /tmp
cp /System/Library/Frameworks/PCSC.framework/PCSC /tmp
Run the application to debug as:
FILES~/pcsc-spy FIFO file is used by libpcsclite.so.1 to send the raw log lines
AUTHORThis manual page was written by Ludovic Rousseau <[email protected]>