- piv-tool [OPTIONS]
- Print the card serial number derived from the CHUID object, if any. Output is in hex byte format.
- Print the name of the inserted card (driver)
--admin argument, -A argument
Authenticate to the card using a 2DES or 3DES key. The
of the form
is required, were A uses "EXTERNAL AUTHENTICATION" and M uses "MUTUAL AUTHENTICATION". ref is normally 9B, and alg is 03 for 3DES. The key is provided by the card vendor, and the environment variable PIV_EXT_AUTH_KEY must point to a text file containing the key in the format: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
--genkey argument, -G argument
Generate a key pair on the card and output the public key. The
of the form
is required, where ref is 9A, 9C, 9D or 9E and alg is 06, 07, 11 or 14 for RSA 1024, RSA 2048, ECC 256 or ECC 384 respectively.
--object ContainerID, -O ContainerID
- Load an object onto the card. The ContainerID is as defined in NIST 800-73-n without leading 0x. Example: CHUID object is 3000
--cert ref, -s ref
- Load a certificate onto the card. ref is 9A, 9C, 9D or 9E
--compresscert ref, -Z ref
- Load a certificate that has been gzipped onto the card. ref is 9A, 9C, 9D or 9E
--out file, -o file
- Output file for any operation that produces output.
--in file, -i file
- Input file for any operation that requires an input file.
- Print properties of the key slots. Needs 'admin' authentication.
--send-apdu apdu, -s apdu
- Sends an arbitrary APDU to the card in the format AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF.... This option may be repeated.
--reader num, -r num
- Use the given reader number. The default is 0, the first reader in the system.
--card-driver driver, -c driver
- Use the given card driver. The default is auto-detected.
- Wait for a card to be inserted
- Causes piv-tool to be more verbose. Specify this flag several times to enable debug output in the opensc library.