SYNOPSISplfsurf3d(x, y, zops, zp, nx, ny, opt, clevel, nlevel)
Plots a three dimensional shaded surface plot within the environment set up by plw3d(3plplot). The surface is defined by the data contained in the 2D const PLFLT * const * matrix or the PLfGrid2 structure zp. How the data in zp is rendered is determined by the zops parameter. zops is a pointer to a function that reads the data out of the grid structure. The following functions in PLplot core will return an appropriate function pointer: plf2ops_c() (use when zp is of type const PLFLT * const *), plf2ops_grid_c() (use when zp is a pointer to a row-major PLfGrid2 structure), plf2ops_grid_row_major() (same as plf2ops_grid_c()?) and plf2ops_grid_col_major() (use when zp is a pointer to a column-major PLfGrid2 structure). nx, nyoptclevel and nlevel are the same as in for example plsurf3d(3plplot).
Redacted form? plfsurf3d(x, y, zops, zp, opt, clevel)
This function is used in example 8.
- x (const PLFLT *, input)
- Pointer to set of x coordinate values at which the function is evaluated.
- y (const PLFLT *, input)
- Pointer to set of y coordinate values at which the function is evaluated.
- zops (PLF2OPS, input)
- Pointer to a function for processing the data contained in zp.
- zp (PLPointer, input)
- Pointer to the data to be plotted, either as a vectored two-dimensional array with set of function values or as a PLfGrid2 structure.
- nx (PLINT, input)
- Number of x values at which function is evaluated.
- ny (PLINT, input)
- Number of y values at which function is evaluated.
- opt (PLINT, input)
Determines the way in which the surface is represented. To specify more than one option just add the options, e.g. FACETED + SURF_CONT opt=FACETED: Network of lines is drawn connecting points at which function is defined.
opt=BASE_CONT: A contour plot is drawn at the base XY plane using parameters nlevel and clevel.
opt=SURF_CONT: A contour plot is drawn at the surface plane using parameters nlevel and clevel.
opt=DRAW_SIDES: draws a curtain between the base XY plane and the borders of the plotted function.
opt=MAG_COLOR: the surface is colored according to the value of Z; if MAG_COLOR is not used, then the default the surface is colored according to the intensity of the reflected light in the surface from a light source whose position is set using pllightsource(3plplot).
- clevel (const PLFLT *, input)
- Pointer to the array that defines the contour level spacing.
- nlevel (PLINT, input)
Number of elements in the clevel array.