SYNOPSIS$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/lmsensors/pmdalmsensors [-d domain] [-l logfile] [-U username]
DESCRIPTIONpmdalmsensors is a Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which extracts performance metrics describing the state of hardware using the lm-sensors on compatible motherboards.
The lmsensors PMDA exports metrics that measure fan speeds, core temperatures and voltage levels.
A brief description of the pmdalmsensors command line options follows:
- It is absolutely crucial that the performance metrics domain number specified here is unique and consistent. That is, domain should be different for every PMDA on the one host, and the same domain number should be used for the same PMDA on all hosts.
- Location of the log file. By default, a log file named lmsensors.log is written in the current directory of pmcd(1) when pmdalmsensors is started, i.e. $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd . If the log file cannot be created or is not writable, output is written to the standard error instead.
- User account under which to run the agent. The default is the unprivileged "pcp" account in current versions of PCP, but in older versions the superuser account ("root") was used by default.
INSTALLATIONIf you want access to the names, help text and values for the lmsensors performance metrics, do the following as root:
# cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/lmsensors # ./Install
If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root:
# cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/lmsensors # ./Remove
- command line options used to launch pmdalmsensors
- default help text file for the lmsensors metrics
- installation script for the pmdalmsensors agent
- undo installation script for the pmdalmsensors agent
- default log file for error messages and other information from pmdalmsensors