SYNOPSIS$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/nvidia/pmdanvidia [-d domain] [-l logfile]
DESCRIPTIONpmdanvidia is a Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which extracts performance metrics describing the metrics available on NVIDIA GPU cards via the NVML library.
The nvidia PMDA exports metrics that measure gpu activity, memory utilization, fan speed, etc on NVIDIA Tesla and Quadro cards. Metrics are unlikely to be available for consumer class cards.
A brief description of the pmdanvidia command line options follows:
- It is absolutely crucial that the performance metrics domain number specified here is unique and consistent. That is, domain should be different for every PMDA on the one host, and the same domain number should be used for the same PMDA on all hosts.
- Location of the log file. By default, a log file named nvidia.log is written in the current directory of pmcd(1) when pmdanvidia is started, i.e. $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd. If the log file cannot be created or is not writable, output is written to the standard error instead.
INSTALLATIONThe nvidia PMDA is not installed and available by default. If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root:
# cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/nvidia # ./Remove
If you want to establish access to the names, help text and values for the nvidia performance metrics once more, after removal, do the following as root:
# cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/nvidia # ./Install
- command line options used to launch pmdanvidia
- default help text file for the nvidia metrics
- installation script for the pmdanvidia agent
- undo installation script for the pmdanvidia agent
- default log file for error messages and other information from pmdanvidia