SYNOPSIS$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/trivial/pmdatrivial [-d domain] [-l logfile] [-U username]
DESCRIPTIONpmdatrivial is the simplest possible Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which exports a single performance metric, the time in seconds since the 1st of January, 1970.
The trivial PMDA is shipped as source code and is designed to be an aid for PMDA developers.
A brief description of the pmdatrivial command line options follows:
- It is absolutely crucial that the performance metrics domain number specified here is unique and consistent. That is, domain should be different for every PMDA on the one host, and the same domain number should be used for the same PMDA on all hosts.
- Location of the log file. By default, a log file named trivial.log is written in the current directory of pmcd(1) when pmdatrivial is started, i.e. $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd. If the log file cannot be created or is not writable, output is written to the standard error instead.
- User account under which to run the agent. The default is the unprivileged "pcp" account in current versions of PCP, but in older versions the superuser account ("root") was used by default.
INSTALLATIONIf you want access to the names, help text and values for the trivial performance metrics, do the following as root:
# cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/trivial # ./Install
If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root:
# cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/trivial # ./Remove
- command line options used to launch pmdatrivial
- default help text file for the trivial metrics
- installation script for the pmdatrivial agent
- undo installation script for the pmdatrivial agent
- default log file for error messages and other information from pmdatrivial