SYNOPSISpackage require Tcl 8.2
package require crc32
package require png ?0.1.2?
::png::setTimestamp file time
::png::addComment file keyword text
::png::addComment file keyword lang keyword2 text
::png::write file data
This package provides commands to query and modify PNG images. PNG stands for Portable Network Graphics and is specified at http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/spec/1.2.
- ::png::validate file
Returns a value indicating if file is a valid PNG file. The file
is checked for PNG signature, each chunks checksum is verified,
existence of a data chunk is verified, first chunk is checked for
header, last chunk is checked for ending. Things not checked
for are: validity of values within a chunk, multiple header chunks,
noncontiguous data chunks, end chunk before actual eof. This procedure
can take lots of time.
Possible return values:
- File is a valid PNG file.
- no/broken PNG signature.
- corrupt chunk length.
- premature end of file.
- missing header chunk.
- crc mismatch.
- missing data chunk(s).
- missing end marker.
- ::png::isPNG file
- Returns a boolean value indicating if the file file starts with a PNG signature. This is a much faster and less intensive check than ::png::validate as it does not check if the PNG data is valid.
- ::png::imageInfo file
- Returns a dictionary with keys width, height, depth, color, compression, filter, and interlace. The values are the associated properties of the PNG image in file. Throws an error if file is not a PNG image, or if the checksum of the header is invalid. For information on interpreting the values for the returned properties see http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/spec/1.2/PNG-Chunks.html.
- ::png::getTimestamp file
- Returns the epoch time if a timestamp chunk is found in the PNG image contained in the file, otherwise returns the empty string. Does not attempt to verify the checksum of the timestamp chunk. Throws an error if the file is not a valid PNG image.
- ::png::setTimestamp file time
- Writes a new timestamp to the file, either replacing the old timestamp, or adding one just before the data chunks if there was no previous timestamp. time is the new time in the gmt epoch format. Throws an error if file is not a valid PNG image.
- ::png::getComments file
- Currently supports only uncompressed comments. Does not attempt to verify the checksums of the comment chunks. Returns a list where each element is a comment. Each comment is itself a list. The list for a plain text comment consists of 2 elements: the human readable keyword, and the text data. A unicode (international) comment consists of 4 elements: the human readable keyword, the language identifier, the translated keyword, and the unicode text data. Throws an error if file is not a valid PNG image.
- ::png::removeComments file
- Removes all comments from the PNG image in file. Beware - This uses memory equal to the file size minus comments, to hold the intermediate result. Throws an error if file is not a valid PNG image.
- ::png::addComment file keyword text
- Adds a plain text comment to the PNG image in file, just before the first data chunk. Will throw an error if no data chunk is found. keyword has to be less than 80 characters long to conform to the PNG specification.
- ::png::addComment file keyword lang keyword2 text
- Adds a unicode (international) comment to the PNG image in file, just before the first data chunk. Will throw an error if no data chunk is found. keyword has to be less than 80 characters long to conform to the PNG specification. keyword2 is the translated keyword, in the language specified by the language identifier lang.
- ::png::image file
- Given a PNG file returns the image in the list of scanlines format used by Tk_GetColor.
- ::png::write file data
- Takes a list of scanlines in the Tk_GetColor format and writes the represented image to file.