SYNOPSISpob-fec [ -s address ] [ -p port ] [ -b size ] [ -q ]
DESCRIPTIONpob-fec receives a FEC MP3 stream using a custom protocol. The streamed MP3 frames are first decomposed in autonomous data units (ADUs). These ADUs are grouped into ADU groups, which are encoded redundantly using a FEC method by Luigi Rizzo. For example, a group if 8 ADUs can be encoded into 16 packets. Any 8 received packets of these 16 packets is sufficient to recover the original 8 ADUs. The incoming MP3 stream is decoded, buffered and written to stdout.
- -s address
- Specify the address to listen to (default 188.8.131.52). If the address is a multicast address, group membership is requested automatically.
- -p port
- Specify the port to listen to.
- -b size
- Specify the number of ADU groups that are hold in the buffer (default 16).
- Don't output any information on standard error.
- pob-fec -s 184.108.40.206 -p 8989 | mpg123 -
- Receive the MP3 FEC stream sent to 220.127.116.11 on port 8989 and feed it into the MP3 decoder mpg123.
AUTHORSManuel Odendahl <[email protected]>, Florian Wesch <[email protected]>