SYNOPSISpod2docbook [--help] [--doctype=article|chapter|section|refentry] [--title=title] [--spaces=# spaces per indent level] [--fix-double-quotes] [--no-header] [--base-id=idstring] [infile [outfile]]
DESCRIPTIONpod2docbook converts files from pod format (see perlpod) to DocBook 4.2 SGML (see <http://www.docbook.org/>). The program itself is merely a driver for the Pod::2::DocBook class; if you're interested in details of pod-to-SGML translation see Pod::2::DocBook.
OPTIONS AND ARGUMENTS
- Print usage and exit.
- Specifies the document type for the output file; the default is section.
- Specifies the document title. The default is infile, if it is supplied, or empty string otherwise.
- [--spaces=# spaces per indent level]
- Specifies the number of spaces per indent level in the SGML output; the default is 2.
- Replace pairs of double quotes in regular paragraphs with <quote> and </quote> (see Pod::2::DocBook for details).
- Omit the DOCTYPE line from the output.
- The name of the file from which to read pod source; if not supplied, STDIN is used for input.
- The name of the file to which to write SGML; if not supplied, STDOUT is used for output.
- The root element of the --doctype will have the idstring set for attribute id. The default is an input file name ``cleaned up'' to conform with XML restriction for characteds used in id strings. (SEE <http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xml-20001006#NT-Name>)
AUTHORAlligator Descartes <[email protected]> wrote a module called Pod::2::DocBook, which was later maintained by Jan Iven <[email protected]>. That module was based on the original pod2html by Tom Christiansen <[email protected]>.
Nandu Shah <[email protected]> wrote Pod::DocBook, which is unrelated to the previous module (even though they both perform the same function). (<http://search.cpan.org/~nandu/Pod-DocBook-1.2/>)
Jozef Kutej <[email protected]> renamed the module to Pod::2::DocBook because Nandus version was buried in the CPAN archive as an ``UNAUTHORIZED RELEASE''.
COPYRIGHTCopyright 2004, Nandu Shah <[email protected]>
Copyright 2008, Jozef Kutej <[email protected]>
This library is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself