SYNOPSISThis is a Protocol implementation for the specifics in the XMPP protocol during connection initialization.
DESCRIPTIONPCJ::XMPP provides all the mechanisms to negotiate TLS, SASL, resource binding, and session negotiation that PCJ needs to successfully establish an XMPP connection. In essence, it implements XMPP Core and a smidgeon of XMPP IM.
METHODSPlease see PCJ::Protocol for what methods this class supports.
EVENTSListed are the exported events that make their way into the PCJ session:
- This handles the initial SASL authentication portion of the XMPP connection.
- This is our entry point. This is what PCJ uses to deliver events to us.
- If TLS is required by the server, this is where that negotiation process happens.
- This handles the subsequent SASL authentication steps.
- This handles the resource binding
- This handles session binding.
NOTES AND BUGSCurrently, only DIGEST-MD5 and PLAIN SASL mechanisms are supported. Server implementations are free to include more strigent mechanisms, but these are the bare minimum required. (And PLAIN isn't /really/ allowed by the spec, but it is included because it was a requested feature)
The underlying backend has changed this release to now use a new Node implementation based on XML::LibXML::Element. Please see POE::Filter::XML::Node documentation for the relevant API changes.
AUTHORCopyright (c) 2003-2009 Nicholas Perez. Distributed under the GPL.