primitivus [ --profile=PROFILE | --help ]
Primitivus is Salut à Toi's console interface, based on Urwid.
Primitivus is modal (vi-like), one can switch from one mode to another in the same way as in vi/vim:
- From any mode, press [Esc] to switch to normal mode.
- From normal mode, press : to switch to command mode.
- From normal mode, press i to switch to insert mode — the one you use to write messages to your contacts.
Primitivus can be handled either with the mouse, in a very intuitive way, or with the keyboard. The keyboard shortcuts are explained in the section KEYBOARD HANDLING.
- -p PROFILE select the profile to use
display a help message and quit
In the sequel we use the following shortcuts:
- C stands for Ctrl
- M means Meta, on a PC it is usually the Alt key
S stands for Shift
- quit Primitivus
- C-up/down arrow change focus
- C-f 1
- C-f m focus on the menu
- C-f 2
- C-f b focus on the roster or the chat window
- C-f 3
- C-f e focus on the edition line
- display/hide the menu
- show the next notification
- hide/redisplay a pop-up window temporarily
- hide/display the roster
refresh the screen
- join a chat room
- hide/display the list of participants
- hide/display timestamps
- use/don't use short nicks
- hide/display frame decorations
change the room's topic appearance by switching between:
- one single line (the topic is cut if it's too long)
- the full topic
- [home] move the cursor at the beginning of the line
- [end] move the cursor at the end of the line
- erase the line, starting at the cursor's position
- erase the last word
- invoke completion (dependent on the context)
- up/down arrows
browse sent messages history
- hide/display offline contacts
hide/display contacts' status messages
select a card
The following commands must be typed in command mode (type [Esc] to switch to normal mode, then the : at the beginning of the command will switch to command mode).
- quit Primitivus
- display log messages (see also the SAT_LOG_LEVEL environment variable in sat(1))
- :presence [status]
set your presence status. Invoked without argument, a pop-up will allow you to
choose your presence status; otherwise, you can use the following arguments:
- (free to chat)
- (away from keyboard)
- (do not disturb)
- (extended away)
- :status [message]
- set your status message. Invoked without argument, a pop-up will allow you to enter a message.
set the number of lines of history to display in the chat window
(:history 0 to clear the window)
AUTHORS AND COPYING
Salut à Toi was written by Jérôme Poisson <[email protected]>.
This man page was converted from the help message and Salut à Toi's wiki by Matteo Cypriani <[email protected]> for the Debian distribution (2013). It is released under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported license (CC-By-SA 3.0).