- SUBROUTINE PSTRTRI(
- UPLO, DIAG, N, A, IA, JA, DESCA, INFO )
- CHARACTER DIAG, UPLO
- INTEGER IA, INFO, JA, N
- INTEGER DESCA( * )
- REAL A( * )
PURPOSEPSTRTRI computes the inverse of a upper or lower triangular distributed matrix sub( A ) = A(IA:IA+N-1,JA:JA+N-1).
Each global data object is described by an associated description
vector. This vector stores the information required to establish
the mapping between an object element and its corresponding process
and memory location.
Let A be a generic term for any 2D block cyclicly distributed array.
Such a global array has an associated description vector DESCA.
In the following comments, the character _ should be read as
"of the global array".
NOTATION STORED IN EXPLANATION
--------------- -------------- -------------------------------------- DTYPE_A(global) DESCA( DTYPE_ )The descriptor type. In this case,
DTYPE_A = 1.
CTXT_A (global) DESCA( CTXT_ ) The BLACS context handle, indicating
the BLACS process grid A is distribu-
ted over. The context itself is glo-
bal, but the handle (the integer
value) may vary.
M_A (global) DESCA( M_ ) The number of rows in the global
N_A (global) DESCA( N_ ) The number of columns in the global
MB_A (global) DESCA( MB_ ) The blocking factor used to distribute
the rows of the array.
NB_A (global) DESCA( NB_ ) The blocking factor used to distribute
the columns of the array.
RSRC_A (global) DESCA( RSRC_ ) The process row over which the first
row of the array A is distributed. CSRC_A (global) DESCA( CSRC_ ) The process column over which the
first column of the array A is
LLD_A (local) DESCA( LLD_ ) The leading dimension of the local
array. LLD_A >= MAX(1,LOCr(M_A)).
Let K be the number of rows or columns of a distributed matrix,
and assume that its process grid has dimension p x q.
LOCr( K ) denotes the number of elements of K that a process would receive if K were distributed over the p processes of its process column.
Similarly, LOCc( K ) denotes the number of elements of K that a process would receive if K were distributed over the q processes of its process row.
The values of LOCr() and LOCc() may be determined via a call to the ScaLAPACK tool function, NUMROC:
LOCr( M ) = NUMROC( M, MB_A, MYROW, RSRC_A, NPROW ),
LOCc( N ) = NUMROC( N, NB_A, MYCOL, CSRC_A, NPCOL ). An upper bound for these quantities may be computed by:
LOCr( M ) <= ceil( ceil(M/MB_A)/NPROW )*MB_A
LOCc( N ) <= ceil( ceil(N/NB_A)/NPCOL )*NB_A
- UPLO (global input) CHARACTER
Specifies whether the distributed matrix sub( A ) is upper
or lower triangular:
= 'U': Upper triangular,
= 'L': Lower triangular.
- DIAG (global input) CHARACTER
Specifies whether or not the distributed matrix sub( A )
is unit triangular:
= 'N': Non-unit triangular,
= 'U': Unit triangular.
- N (global input) INTEGER
- The number of rows and columns to be operated on, i.e. the order of the distributed submatrix sub( A ). N >= 0.
- A (local input/local output) REAL pointer into the
- local memory to an array of dimension (LLD_A,LOCc(JA+N-1)). On entry, this array contains the local pieces of the triangular matrix sub( A ). If UPLO = 'U', the leading N-by-N upper triangular part of the matrix sub( A ) contains the upper triangular matrix to be inverted, and the strictly lower triangular part of sub( A ) is not referenced. If UPLO = 'L', the leading N-by-N lower triangular part of the matrix sub( A ) contains the lower triangular matrix, and the strictly upper triangular part of sub( A ) is not referenced. On exit, the (triangular) inverse of the original matrix.
- IA (global input) INTEGER
- The row index in the global array A indicating the first row of sub( A ).
- JA (global input) INTEGER
- The column index in the global array A indicating the first column of sub( A ).
- DESCA (global and local input) INTEGER array of dimension DLEN_.
- The array descriptor for the distributed matrix A.
- INFO (global output) INTEGER
= 0: successful exit
< 0: If the i-th argument is an array and the j-entry had an illegal value, then INFO = -(i*100+j), if the i-th argument is a scalar and had an illegal value, then INFO = -i. > 0: If INFO = K, A(IA+K-1,JA+K-1) is exactly zero. The triangular matrix sub( A ) is singular and its inverse can not be computed.