SYNOPSISdevice isa device rc
DESCRIPTIONThe RISCom/8 is an eight port ISA RS-232C communications multiplexer with a built in RISC processor. It uses a block of sixteen I/O ports in the range 0x200 to 0x3f0 selectable by on-board switches or jumpers. The block must be aligned on a sixteen port boundary. The jumper-selectable hardware interrupt level may be set to be detected during system initialization using settings found in the /boot/device.hints file.
This driver is mostly based on the Cirrus Logic CL-CD180 driver.
HARDWAREThe driver provides support for the SDL Communications RISCom/8 boards.
DIAGNOSTICSThe following driver specific error messages may be reported:
- "rc%d channel%d: interrupt-level buffer overflow"
- An internal buffer overflow error has occurred on the listed channel. The driver will need to be reloaded to correct this.
- "rc%d: Bad char chan %d"
- The channel has obtained a bad set of characters.
- "rc%d: Got extra chars chan %d"
- The driver got more characters than expected on the channel shown.
- "rc%d: data mismatch chan %d ptr %d (%d != %d)"
- Data sent from channel %d to the rx buffer was different then expected.
- "rc%d: channel %d command timeout, rc.c line: %d"
- A command timeout has occurred on the channel, the src/sys/dev/rc/rc.c file can be consulted for more information.