SYNOPSISsgml2txt [generic-option...] [--manpage] [--filter] [--blanks=n] file[.sgml]
DESCRIPTIONsgml2txt is an old and obsoleted form of the text converter command of LinuxDoc-Tools. It is recommended to switch the new form linuxdoc -B text now. It converts a LinuxDoc DTD SGML source file to ASCII, ISO-8859-1, or EUC-JP output. Output will appear in file.txt where file is the name of the SGML source file.
The attribute/value pair "output=txt" is set for conditionals.
OPTIONSsgml2txt accepts all the generic options described in linuxdoc(1), and the following specific options:
- --manpage, -m
- Outputs a groff source file, suitable for formatting with groff -man for man pages
- --filter, -f
- Remove backspace-overstrikes from the intermediate form generated by groff(1).
- --pass, -P
- The argument of the pass option is added to the command-line options handed to groff(1).
- --blanks=n, -b
- Set the limit of continuous blank lines for generating the output document. The default limit is 3. if 0 (zero) is specified, the result have many continuous blank lines.
- The SGML source file, named either file or file.sgml