DESCRIPTIONSLmon is a tool for monitoring system's performance. It displays results using nice and (hopefully) readable text-based UI. Currently monitored are:
- CPU load (SMP is supported)
- network interfaces
- memory (including swap)
- uptime, date and time
- number of logged in users
- mounted filesystems
SLmon uses glibtop version >= 2 and libslang version >= 1.2.2 (this version however has a bug that makes it impossible to write a character in lower right corner, but otherwise it works okay).
Starting with 0.5.13 Glib library is needed.
- -v, --version
- Display version and copying and exit
- -h, --help
- Display brief usage information
- -f, --fs-unit=[kmg]
- Specify filesystem usage unit, where: b=bytes, k=kbytes, m=mbytes, g=gbytes
- -m, --mem-unit=[bkmg]
- Specify memory usage unit, where: b=bytes, k=kbytes, m=mbytes, g=gbytes
- -n, --net-unit=[bkmg]
- Specify network traffic unit, where: b=bytes, k=kbytes, m=mbytes, g=gbytes
- -d, --mode=[mpnh]
- Start in mode 'M' where: m=main, p=process, n=network, h=histogram
- -u, --update=<seconds>
- Specify update interval in seconds
Configuration filesSLmon looks for the configuration file in the following locations:
- if the previous one fails
Options can be specified in the form of pairs: <key> = <value>. Lines beginning with '#' are treated as comments (note: all leading whitespaces are stripped). All subsequent definitions of a certain option overwrite previous declarations except for the net_dev option.
Available options (more to come :)):
- Start certain mode: m=main, p=process, n=network, h=histogram.
- Specify memory usage unit [bkm].
- Specify filesystem usage unit [kmg].
- Specify network traffic unit [bkmg].
- Add a network interface to list of monitored interfaces.
- Specify update interval in seconds.
FILES/etc/slmonrc ~/.slmonrc Files with user defined options
LICENSECopyright (C) 2000, 2001, 2002 Krzysztof Luks <[email protected]>.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.
- slmon uses too much cpu time in process mode
Please send all bugreports to [email protected].
AUTHORKrzysztof Luks <[email protected]>