SYNOPSISsmil2yuv [ options ] file ...
DESCRIPTIONsmil2yuv converts a Kino smil project or compatible media content into the simple uncompressed planar 4:2:0 Y'CbCr format, as used by the MJPEG Tools.
- -a audio-out-file
- Output to an audio file in parallel. Type is based on the extension and currently only wav and mp2 are provided. If you wish to have more control over the mp2 file generated, export to a wav first and then convert the wav as required.
- -i type
- Deinterlacing type - 0 is none, 1 provides very poor deinterlacing (default: 0). 2 results in no interlacing, but a 4:1:1 subsampled stream (native NTSC DV) which can be processed by y4mscaler. More types will be supported in the future.
- -o offset
- Output starts at the given frame offset (default: 0).
- -f count
- Output only contains the number of frames specified by count (default: all).
- -s speed
- Specify the speed of reading the smil input - any floating point number > 0 is applicable. So to halve the playback rate, specify a speed of 2, to double it, specify a speed of 0.5.
- Show help message.
EXAMPLESTo convert a mixture of raw dv, smil and avis of 48khz audio to divx:
smil2yuv raw.dv project.smil type1.avi type2.avi -a temp.wav -i 1 |
yuv2divx -o output.avi -A temp.wav -a 128
Or to play the stream via yuvplay:
smil2yuv input | yuvplay
Or to encode to VCD:
smil2yuv file.dv -i 1 -a test.mp2 |
yuvscaler -O VCD |
mpeg2enc -o test.mpv -f 1
mplex -f 1 test.mpv test.mp2 -o test.mpg
rm test.mpv test.mp2
KNOWN BUGS* Mixtures of audio sampling in a project are handled by badly resampling (anyone care to provide a better resampler? ta).
* Mixtures of PAL/NTSC aren't supported
* Deinterlacing produces pretty noisy/large files - planning to provide better deinterlacing techniques through use of the tvtime deinterlacing plug-ins.
AVAILABILITYSee http://kino.schirmacher.de/ for the latest version.
AUTHORSsmil2yuv was written by Charles Yates <[email protected]>.