SYNOPSISsmpirun [OPTIONS]… -platform <platform.xml> -hostfile <hostfile> program [PROGRAM-OPTIONS]…
DESCRIPTIONsmpirun provides an easy way to run programs linked to simgrid and using SMPI. It sets some default values, and generate a deployment file using the mandatory arguments -platform and -hostfile.
- -platform <platform.xml>
- XML file describing the platform on which we want to deploy the program
- -hostfile, -machinefile <hostfile>
- Hostfile listing all the machines in use
Configuration optionsThe configuration of the simulation can be tweaked using --cfg=parameter:value. Refer to http://simgrid.gforge.inria.fr/simgrid/latest/doc/options.html to know what are the different possibilities.
- Print the usage and a résumé of the available options
- Do not remove the generated files after execution.
- -wrapper <command>
- Use command to run the program (e.g. "valgrind", "gdb --args", "rr record"). You usually want to use the "-foreground" option as well in order to have a TTY.
- Run the child process in the foreground. This gives the child process access to the TTY.
- Display the machine on which each process rank is mapped.
- -np <numprocs>
- Use that amount of processes. By default, there is the same number of processes as there are of hosts in the hostfile.
- Equivalent to –cfg=tracing:yes –cfg=tracing/smpi:yes, activate the trace mecanism if available.
- Activate time independant tracing.
- -trace-comment <comment>
- Put a comment on the top of the trace file.
- -trace-comment-file <file>
- Insert the content of the file at the head of the trace file as a comment.
- Group MPI processes by location.
- Trace resource utilization.
- Generate configuration for Viva's GraphView.
- -trace-file <tracefile>
- Name of the tracefile
AUTHORSThe SimGrid team ([email protected])
COPYRIGHT AND LICENCECopyright (c) 2014. The SimGrid Team. All rights reserved.
This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of GNU LGPL (v2.1) license.