songwrite --play [<filename...>]
songwrite --playloop [<filename...>]
songwrite --songbook <songbook_title> <song_filenames...>
songwrite --convert <format> [--output <output_filename>] <filename>
Songwrite is a tablature (guitar partition) editor, with playing and printing ability. Songwrite is coded in Python and uses Tk (Tkinter); it relies on Timidity to play midi and on GNU Lilypond for printing.
- Output help information and exit.
- Output version information and exit.
- --play <filename>
- Play <filename> and exit.
- --playloop <filename>
- Play <filename> in loop (stop it with C-c or kill).
- --songbook <songbook_filename> <songbook_title> <song_filenames...>
- Create a postcript songbook with the given title and songs.
- --convert <format> [--output <output_filename>] <filename>
- Opens no window, and converts Songwrite file <filename> into <format>. <format> is one of: lilypond, latex, ps, asciitab, midi. <output_filename> is deduced from <filename> and <format> if not given. Several --convert can be given. Use --output - for STDOUT (not available for ps).
Jiba (Lamy Jean-Baptiste) <[email protected]>