- Spydr (pronounce spider) can be invoqued from the shell
[ options ]
[ image2.fits ... ]
where the fits images can contain single images (not necessarily of the same size) or data cube. Widlcards are allowed in names.
- or within yorick
COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
- --conf file
- configuration file.
- --hdu value
- Specify a fits HDU to read
- --dpi value
- Yorick dpi value (yorick default = 75, spydr default = 83). Any value between 30 and 150 make sense.
- --itt value
- Intensity Transfer Table (1=linear, 2=sqrt, 3=square, 4=log, 5=hist equalized)
- --pixsize value
- Pixel size (or plate scale) in arcsec.
- --boxsize value
- Size of box for PSF fitting and Strehl calculation (pixels)
- --saturation value
- Value above which pixels have to be considered as saturated (ADU)
- --wavelength value
- Force wavelength for all images
- --zeropoint value
- Photometric zeropoint (magnitude)
- --nbins value
- Number of bins for histograms
- --strehlaper value
- Diameter of circular mask for Strehl calculations (pixels). The flux is integrated in a circle of this diameter, while the sky is estimated from the remaining pixels within the box of size "boxsize"
- Turn on yorick batch mode (yorick quits when encountering an error). This flag is recommended when starting spydr from a non-interactive session (e.g. from a gnome applet).
- Turn on the verbose mode (debugging mode).
- Invert LUT
- Show the plugin pane when the GUI is realized
- Hide the lower part of the GUI at startup
DESCRIPTIONSpydr is a GUI for image visualization and simple analysis (cuts, zoom, values, statistics, histogram, sigma filter) with changeable LUT and ITT. Spydr has a couple of plugins to measure FWHM and Strehl. Press "?" on the main display area to get a popup help:
The following shortcuts are available:
x/y: Plot line/column under cursor
X/Y: Toggle continuous plot of line/column
c: Interactive plot of cut across image
h: Plot histogram of visible region
r: Radial plot centered on cursor
f: Fit 1d gaussian to 1d plot
e: Adjust min and max cut to 10% and 99.9%
E: Reset min and max cut to min and max
of visible region
n/p: Next/prevous image
s: Sigma filter displayed image
-/+: Decrease/Increase zoom factor in zoom window
?: This help
From the shell:
$ spydr --dpi 74 --fullgui 20070730_2*.fits
$ spydr --pixsize 0.127 20070730_2[2-3]?.fits 20070730_241.fits
Force the path to spydr.py. The default path is
Force the path to spydr.glade. The default path is
Force the path to spydr.conf. The default path is
RESTRICTIONS AND BUGS
- only fits images handled to date
- the ITT display is not very well handled
Francois Rigaut, Gemini Observatory
- The spydr configuration file. Needed. It should have come with your installation. The routine which_spydrconf() returns the path to the used spydr.conf. The following directories are searched for spydr.conf, in this order: Y_USER, Y_SITE, /etc, Y_USER/share, Y_SITE/share, Y_USER/share/spydr, Y_SITE/share/spydr. If you wish to modify the defaults, copy the file over to Y_USER and modify at will.
Output files: none.