- stalonetray [option...]
The behaviour and the look of stalonetray can be configured either via command line options or via configuration file. As usual, command-line options have precedence over options that are specified in the configuration file.
Names of command line parameter may have two variants: short (-o) and long (--option). Write -ovalue or -o value to pass a value using the short name of a parameter; to pass a value using a long name, write --option value or --option=value. All flag-like parameters have optional boolean value that when ommited is assumed to be "true". Write "true", "yes", "1", for positive boolean values, and "false", "no", "0" for negative ones.
Default configuration file is $HOME/.stalonetrayrc. A configuration file contains case-insensetive keyword-argument pairs, one per line. Lines starting with '#' and empty lines are ignored. Alternatively, confiuration file can specified via -c or --config command-line options.
Below is the list of possible command line/configuration file options. Options starting with hyphens are command-line parameters others are configuration file keywords. Options that are new in 0.8 version are marked with "NEW in 0.8".
-bg color, --background color, background color
- Use color for tray`s background. color can be specified as an HTML hex triplet or as a name from rgb.txt (note that '#' must be quoted). Default value: #777777.
-c filename, --config filename
- Read configuration from filename instead of default $HOME/.stalonetrayrc.
-d decspec, --decorations decspec, decorations decspec
- Specify visiblie tray window decorations. Possible values for decspec are: all, title, border, none (default).
-display display, display display
- Use X display display.
--dockapp-mode [mode], dockapp_mode [mode]
- Set dockapp mode, which can be either simple for e.g. OpenBox, wmaker for WindowMaker, or none (default).
-f [level], --fuzzy-edges [level], fuzzy_edges [level]
- Enable fuzzy edges of tray window and set fuzziness level which can range from 0 (disabled, default) to 3. When ommited, the value of level defaults to 2.
--geometry geometry_spec, geometry geometry_spec
- Set tray`s initial geometry to geometry_spec, specified in standard X notation: widthxheight[+x[+y]], where width and height are specified in icon slot multiples. Default value: 1x1+0-0.
--grow-gravity gravity, grow_gravity gravity
- Specify icon positioning gravity (eigher N, S, W, E, NW, NE, SW, SE). Grow gravity specifies directions in which the tray's window may grow. For instance, if you specify NW the tray's window will grow down vertically and to the right horizontally (these are sides that are opposite to upper-left or North-West corner of the window); with W the tray's window will grow horizontally to the left side only, and it will vertically grow both upwards and downwards maintaining position of its center. Please note that the latter behaviour is new in 0.8. Default value: NW.
--icon-gravity gravity, icon_gravity gravity
- Specify icon positioning gravity (either NW, NE, SW, SE). If you specify, e.g SW, then icons will appear starting from the lower-left corner of the tray's window. Default value: NW.
-i n, --icon-size n, icon_size n
- Set default icon size to n. Default value: 24. Minimum: 16.
- Show help message.
--log-level level, log_level level
- Set the amount of info to be output by stalonetray. Possible values for level: err (default), info, and trace. For the trace option to be available, stalonetray must be configured with --enable-debug at build-time.
--kludges kludge [,kludge...]
Enable specific kludges to work around non-conforming WMs and/or stalonetray bugs. Argument is a comma-separated list of:
- • fix_window_pos --- fix tray window position on erroneous moves by WM
- • force_icons_size --- ignore resize events on all icons; force their size to be equal to icon_size
- • use_icons_hints --- use icon window hints to determine icon size
--max-geometry geometry_spec, max_geometry geometry_spec
- Set tray`s maximal geometry to geometry_spec Default value: 0x0, no limit.
--no-shrink, no_shrink [bool]
- Do not shrink tray window back after icon removal. Useful when tray is swallowed by another window like FvwmButtons. Default value: false.
-p, --parent-bg, parent_bg [bool]
- Use the parent's window as a background of the tray's window. Default value: false.
--pixmap-bg path_to_xpm, pixmap_bg path_to_xpm
- Use the pixmap from an XPM file specified by path_to_xpm for the tray`s window background (pixmap will be tiled to fill the entire window).
-r name, --remote-click-icon name
- Remote control/click. When this option is specified, stalonetray sends a fake click to the icon with a window named name and exits. The icon is searched for in the currently active tray for the current screen. By default, stalonetray sends a single click with the 1st mouse button to the center of the icon. See the options below for additional information on how to alter the defaults.
- Sets the remote click's button number to n (in the X11 numbering order).
- Sets the remote click's position.
- Sets the remote click's type. Possible values: single and double.
-s n, --slot-size n, slot_size n
- Set grid slot size to n, which cannot be less then icon_size. By default, the slot size is the same as the icon size.
--scrollbars mode, scrollbars mode
- Set scrollbar mode. Possible values: vertical, horizontal, all, or none (default). Scrollbars appear as additional space at tray borders that can be clicked to scroll icon area. Mouse wheel also works.
--scrollbars-highlight mode, scrollbars_highlight mode
- Set scrollbars highlight mode. Possible values: a color spec, or disable.
--scrollbars-size n, scrollbars_size n
- Set scrollbar size to n pixels. By default, the size is 1/4 of slot_size.
--scrollbars-step n, scrollbars_step n
- Set scrollbar step to n pixels. Default is 1/2 of slot_size.
--skip-taskbar, skip_taskbar [bool]
- Hide tray`s window from the taskbar. Default value: false.
--sticky, sticky [bool]
- Make tray`s window sticky across multiple desktops/pages. Default value: false.
--tint-color, tint_color [bool]
- Set tinting color. Default value: white.
--tint-level, tint_level [level]
- Set tinting level. Default value: 0 (tinting disabled).
-t, --transparent, transparent [bool]
- Enable root transparency. Default value: false.
-v, --vertical, vertical [bool]
- Use vertical layout of icons (horizontal is used by default).
--window-layer layer, window_layer layer
- Sets the EWMH-compliant layer of tray`s window. Possible values for layer: bottom, normal, top. Default value: normal.
--window-strut mode, window_strut mode
- Enable window struts for tray window (to avoid covering of tray window by maximized windows). Mode defines to which screen border tray window will be attached. It can be either top, bottom, left, right, none, or auto (default).
--window-type type, window_type type
- Sets the EWMH-compliant type of tray`s window. Possible values for type: desktop, dock, normal, toolbar, utility. Default value: dock.
--xsync, xsync [bool]
- Operate on X server synchronously (SLOW, turned off by default).
As of stalonetray 0.8, the following command line and configuration file parameters are depricated:
- Please use --log-level instead.
--max-tray-width, --max-tray-height, max_tray_width, max_tray_height
- Please use --max-geometry instead.
-w, --withdrawn, withdrawn
- Please use --dockapp-mode instead.
- Please use --kludges with use_icon_hints parameter instead.
$HOME/.stalonetrayrc --- default configuration file.
There are some, definetly.
If you have found a bug, please try to reproduce it with the log level set to trace and send the log file to me: [email protected]. If you need support, the best way to get it is also to e-mail me directly. If you have installed stalonetray from a distribution repository, you can also file a bug in the respective bug tracking database.