supertux2 [options] level.stl
supertux2 [options] worldmap.stwm
DESCRIPTIONSuperTux is a classic style 2D platform game. Run and jump through multiple worlds, fighting off enemies by jumping on them, bumping them from below or tossing objects at them, grabbing power-ups and other stuff on the way.
OPTIONSThese programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below.
- -f, --fullscreen
- Run in fullscreen mode
- -w, --window
- Run in window mode
- -g, --geometry WIDTHxHEIGHT
- Run SuperTux in given resolution (eg. -g 800x600)
- -a, --aspect WIDTH:HEIGHT
- Run SuperTux with given aspect ratio (eg. -a 4:3)
- -d, --default
- Reset video settings to default values (-g 800x600 -a auto -w)
- --renderer RENDERER
- Render the game using the specified video renderer. Valid values are sdl, opengl, and auto (the default).
- Disable sound effects
- Disable music
- Show this help message
- Display SuperTux version and quit
- Enable ingame scripting console
- Disable ingame scripting console
- Display framerate in levels
- Do not display framerate in levels
- --record-demo FILE LEVEL
- Record a demo to FILE
- --play-demo FILE LEVEL
- Play a recorded demo
- Overrides locale detection and forces locale to given value, e.g. "de_DE".
- Contains configuration and savegames. Also acts as an overlay of the SuperTux game data path: Files placed here, as well as contents of Zip archives in this directory, will override or supplement game data files.
EXAMPLESTo play level /tmp/mylevel.stl in a window of size 800x600, run the program like this:
- supertux2 --window --geometry 800x600 /tmp/mylevel.stl
To play a previously recorded demo /tmp/mylevel.demo of level /tmp/mylevel.stl, run SuperTux like this:
- supertux2 --play-demo /tmp/mylevel.demo /tmp/mylevel.stl
Custom-made levels can be conveniently stored in the overlay data folder.
(supertux-level (version 2) (name (_ "Sample Level")) (author "Myself") ...
Make sure to also create an "info" file, so the collection will be recognized by SuperTux.
;SuperTux-Level-Subset (supertux-level-subset (title "Sample Collection") (description "") )
For easier distribution, the level collection can be bundled in a Zip archive.
levels/sample_collection/info levels/sample_collection/level01.stl ...
BUGSThis is a development version, so expect plenty of bugs.
AUTHORThis manual page was written by the SuperTux Devel Team and is placed in the public domain.