SYNOPSIStabbed [-c] [-d] [-h] [-s] [-v] [-n name] [-p [s+/-]pos] [-r narg] [command...]
DESCRIPTIONtabbed is a simple tabbed container for applications which support XEmbed. Tabbed will then run the provided command with the xid of tabbed as appended argument. (See EXAMPLES.) The automatic spawning of the command can be disabled by providing the -s parameter. If no command is provided tabbed will just print its xid and run no command.
- close tabbed when the last tab is closed. Mutually exclusive with -f.
- detaches tabbed from the terminal and prints its XID to stdout.
- fill up tabbed again by spawning the provided command, when the last tab is closed. Mutually exclusive with -c.
- will print the usage of tabbed.
- -n name
- will set the WM_CLASS attribute to name.
- -p [ s +/-] pos
- will set the absolute or relative position of where to start a new tab. When pos is is given without 's' in front it is an absolute position. Then negative numbers will be the position from the last tab, where -1 is the last tab. If 's' is given, then pos is a relative position to the current selected tab. If this reaches the limits of the tabs; those limits then apply.
- -r narg
- will replace the narg th argument in command with the window id, rather than appending it to the end.
- will disable automatic spawning of the command.
- prints version information to stderr, then exits.
- open new tab
- previous tab
- next tab
- move selected tab one to the left
- move selected tab one to the right
- toggle between the selected and last selected tab
- close tab
- jumps to nth tab
- Toggle fullscreen mode.
EXAMPLES$ tabbed surf -e
- $ tabbed urxvt -embed
- $ tabbed xterm -into
- $ xid=$(tabbed -d);urxvt -embed $xid
- $ tabbed -r 2 st -w '' -e tmux
CUSTOMIZATIONtabbed can be customized by creating a custom config.h and (re)compiling the source code. This keeps it fast, secure and simple.
AUTHORSSee the LICENSE file for the authors.
LICENSESee the LICENSE file for the terms of redistribution.
BUGSPlease report them.