SYNOPSISpackage require Tcl 8.5
package require TclOO
package require tcl::chan::core ?1?
objectName initialize thechannel mode
objectName finalize thechannel
The tcl::chan::core package provides a TclOO class implementing common behaviour needed by virtually every reflected or virtual channel (initialization, finalization).
This class expects to be used as either superclass of a concrete channel class, or to be mixed into such a class.
- ::tcl::chan::core objectName
- This command creates a new channel core object with an associated global Tcl command whose name is objectName. This command may be used to invoke various operations on the object, as described in the section for the Instance API.
INSTANCE APIThe API of channel core instances provides only two methods, both corresponding to channel handler commands (For reference see TIP 219 [http:/tip.tcl.tk/219]). They expect to be called from whichever object instance the channel core was made a part of.
- objectName initialize thechannel mode
This method implements standard behaviour for the initialize
method of channel handlers. Using introspection it finds the handler
methods supported by the instance and returns a list containing their
names, as expected by the support for reflected channels in the Tcl
It further remembers the channel handle in an instance variable for access by sub-classes.
- objectName finalize thechannel
- This method implements standard behaviour for the finalize method of channel handlers. It simply destroys itself.
- objectName destroy
- Destroying the channel core instance closes the channel it was initialized for, see the method initialize. When destroyed from within a call of finalize this does not happen, under the assumption that the channel is being destroyed by Tcl.
BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACKThis document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category virtchannel of the Tcllib Trackers [http://core.tcl.tk/tcllib/reportlist]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation.
KEYWORDSreflected channel, tip 219, virtual channel
Copyright (c) 2009 Andreas Kupries <[email protected]>