SYNOPSISpackage require Tcl 8.4
package require term::interact::pager ?0.1?
term::interact::pager object text ?options...?
object text text
object configure option
object configure option value...
object cget option
DESCRIPTIONThis package provides a class for the creation of a simple paging text display.
CLASS APIThe package exports a single command, the class command, enabling the creation of pager instances. Its API is:
- term::interact::pager object text ?options...?
This command creates a new pager object with the name object,
initializes it, and returns the fully qualified name of the object
command as its result.
The argument is the text to show, possibly followed by configuration options and their values. The options are explained in the section Configuration.
OBJECT APIThe objects created by the class command provide the methods listed below:
- object interact
- Show the pager in the screen at the configured location and start interacting with it. This opens its own event loop for the processing of incoming characters. The method returns when the interaction has completed. See section Interaction for a description of the possible interaction.
- object done
- This method can be used by user supplied actions to terminate the interaction with the object.
- object clear
- This method can be used by user supplied actions to remove the pager from the terminal.
- object text text
- This method can be used to change the text shown by the pager. The pager will reset the dispay to show the first line of the text at the top.
- object configure
- object configure option
- object configure option value...
- object cget option
- Standard methods to retrieve and configure the options of the pager.
CONFIGURATIONA pager instance recognizes the following options:
- -in chan
- Specifies the channel to read character sequences from. Defaults to stdin.
- -out chan
- Specifies the channel to write the pager contents to. Defaults to stdout.
- -column int
- Specifies the column of the terminal where the left margin of the pager display should appear. Defaults to 0, i.e. the left-most column.
- -line int
- Specifies the line of the terminal where the top margin of the pager display should appear. Defaults to 0, i.e. the top-most line.
- -height int
- Specifies the number of lines of text to show at most in the display. Defaults to 25.
- -actions dict
- Specifies a dictionary containing additional actions, using character sequences as keys. Note that these sequences cannot override the hardwired sequences described in section Interaction.
INTERACTIONA pager object recognizes the control sequences listed below and acts as described. The user can supply more control sequences to act on via the configuration, but is not able to overide these defaults.
- Cursor Up
- The text is scrolled down a single line, making one more line visible at the top. The pager will not react if the first line of the text is already shown.
- Cursor Down
- The text is scrolled up a single line, making one more line visible at the bottom. The pager will not react if the last line of the text is already shown.
- Page Up
- The text is scrolled down a page. The pager will not react if the first line of the text is already shown.
- Page Down
- The text is scrolled up a page. The pager will not react if the last line of the text is already shown.
- The interaction with the object is terminated.
BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACKThis document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib Trackers [http://core.tcl.tk/tcllib/reportlist]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation.
KEYWORDScontrol, pager, terminal, text display
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <[email protected]>