SYNOPSIStfrt [options] [tree]
DESCRIPTIONtfrt is an X11/Motif based graphical editor for drawing function decomposition trees. Trees can be loaded from and stored to a file. It can print trees to a PostScript printer or save as PostScript to a file.
tfrt is part of The Toolkit for Conceptual Modeling (TCM).
ARGUMENTSYou can call tfrt with a single tree name as argument. If this argument is an existing file then tfrt tries to load a tree from it. If it does not exist, a new tree is created with the argument as tree name. tfrt files should have suffix '*.frt'.
Without a tree argument, tfrt creates a new empty function decomposition tree with the name 'untitled.frt'.
In addition to the standard X11 toolkit options (see X11(7)) tfrt accepts the options listed below:
- -drawing widthxheight
- Create a drawing area of width pixels wide and height pixels high.
- Write all available options to standard output and quit.
- -maxdrawing widthxheight
- The drawing area can not be larger than width pixels wide and height pixels high.
- Start the editor with a private colormap.
- -projdir directory
- Set the project directory (current working directory) to directory.
- -toEPS [file.eps]
- Generate EPS (to file.eps or stdout when no file name was given) and quit.
- -toFig [file.fig] [-latex]
- Generate Fig format (to file.fig or stdout when no file name was given and quit. When the -latex option is given, LaTeX fonts are generated, otherwise normal PostScript fonts are generated. The Fig format can be read by xfig(1) and fig2dev(1).
- -toPNG file.png
- Generate PNG format to file.png and quit.
- -toPS [file.ps]
- Generate PostScript (to file.ps or stdout when no file name was given) and quit.
Write the TCM version to standard output and quit.
ENVIRONMENTThe TCM_HOME environment variable should be the directory where the TCM files are installed.
- Should include $TCM_HOME/bin
- Should include $TCM_HOME/man
- Name of the default printer that is used by tfrt.
Should include $TCM_HOME/lib
when the distribution contains shared
object libraries in $TCM_HOME/lib.
FILESThe following relative files are relative to $TCM_HOME.
- the function decomposition tree editor.
- a program to filter PostScript output.
- PostScript banner page that can be used when the printer does not print a banner page.
- The help directory contains a collection of text files for the on-line help.
- X Resources (the same as the ones that are built-in). You can customize the fonts and colors by setting resources in your X defaults database. Each string of the form ``TCM.resource:definition'' sets a resource.
Pseudo random temporary file, for PostScript output.
- TCM editor configuration file. This file contains values for some of the editor defaults like the page size, the default fonts etc. This file is read by each editor upon startup.
Each user of TCM can override some of the options of tcm.conf
by its own configuration file, installed in $HOME/.tcmrc.
AUTHORFrank Dehne ([email protected]).
BUGSPlease send bug reports to [email protected]