SYNOPSIStixControl pathName ?options?
SUPER-CLASSThe TixControl class is derived from the TixLabelWidget class and inherits all the commands, options and subwidgets of its super-class.
STANDARD OPTIONSThe Control widget supports all the standard options of a frame widget. See the options(n) manual entry for details on the standard options.
WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS[ -allowempty allowEmpty AllowEmpty ] Specifies whether the Control widget should allow the empty string as a valid input. [ -autorepeat autorepeat AutoRepeat ] Specifies whether the Control widget should have autorepeat behavior. If set to be "true", the value of the Control widget will be automatically incremented or decremented when the user holds down the mouse button over the arrow buttons. Only values "true" and "false" will be recognized. [ -command command Command ] Specifies the command to be called when the -value option of the Control widget is changed. The command will be called with one arguments -- the new value of the Control widget. [ -decrcmd decrCmd DecrCmd ] Specifies a TCL command to be called when the the user presses the down-arrow button subwidget. This command is called with one parameter -- the current -value of this Control widget. This command is to decrement this value by one step, according to its own definition of "decrement", and return the decremented value, which will be stored in the -value of this Control widget. [ -disablecallback disableCallback DisableCallback ] A boolean value indicating whether callbacks should be disabled. When set to true, the TCL command specified by the -command option is not executed when the -value of the Control widget changes. [ -disableforeground disableForeground DisableForeground ] The foreground color to use for of the entry subwidget when the Control widget is disabled. [ -incrcmd incrCmd IncrCmd ] Specifies a TCL command to be called when the the user presses the up-arrow button subwidget. This command is called with one parameter -- the current -value of this Control widget. This command is to increment this value by one step, according to its own definition of "increment", and return the incremented value, which will be stored in the -value of this Control widget. [ -initwait initwait Initwait ] Specifies how long the Control widget should wait initially before it starts to automatically increment or decrement its value in the autorepeat mode. In milliseconds. [ -integer integer Integer ] A Boolean value specifying whether only integer numbers are accepted. [ -label label Label ] Specifies the string to display as the label of this Control widget. [ -labelside labelSide LabelSide ] Specifies where the label should be displayed relative to the entry subwidget. Valid options are: top, left, right, bottom, none or acrosstop.
Name: max Class: Max Switch: -max Alias: -ulimit
- Specifies the upper limit of the value of the Control widget. When set to empty string, the Control widget has no upper limit.
Name: min Class: Min Switch: -min Alias: -llimit
- Specifies the lower limit of the value of the Control widget.When set to empty string, the Control widget has no lower limit. [ -repeatrate repeatRate RepeatRate ] Specifies how often the value of the Control widget should be incremented or decremented when it is in the autorepeat mode. In milliseconds. [ -selectmode selectMode SelectMode ] Specifies how the Control widget should react to <KeyPress> events. When set to "immediate", any user keyboard inputs will immediately change the -value option. When set to "normal", the user keyboard inputs will be copied to the -value option only if the <Return> key is pressed or the keyboard focus is changed. The use of the immediate mode is discouraged. For effective use of the Control widget, one should use the normal mode together with the update widget command (see below). [ -state state State ] Specifies the whether the Control widget is normal or disabled. Only the values "normal" and "disabled" are recognized. [ -step step Step ] Specifies by how much the value of the Control widget should be incremented or decrmented when the user press the arrow buttons. [ -validatecmd validateCmd ValidateCmd ] Specifies a TCL command to be called when the -value of the Control widget is about to change. This command is called with one parameter -- the new -value entered by the user. This command is to validate this new value by returning a value it deems valid. [ -value value Value ] Specifies the value of the Control widget. [ -variable variable Variable ] Specifies the global variable in which the value of the Control widget should be stored. The value of the Control widget will be automatically updated when this variable is changed.
Name: decr Class: Button
- The down arrow button.
Name: entry Class: Entry
- The entry that shows the value of this Control widget.
Name: incr Class: Button
- The up arrow button.
Name: label Class: Label
- The label subwidget.
The tixControl command creates a new window (given by the pathName argument) and makes it into a Control widget. Additional options, described above, may be specified on the command line or in the option database to configure aspects of the Control widget such as its cursor and relief.
The Control widget is also known as the SpinBox widget. It is generally used to control a value. The user can adjust the value by pressing the two arrow buttons or by entering the value directly into the entry. The new value will be checked against the user-defined upper and lower limits.
The tixControl command creates a new Tcl command whose name is the same as the path name of the Control widget's window. This command may be used to invoke various operations on the widget. It has the following general form:
- pathName option ?arg arg ...?
- pathName cget option
- Returns the current value of the configuration option given by option. Option may have any of the values accepted by the tixControl command.
- pathName configure ?option? ?value option value ...?
- Query or modify the configuration options of the widget. If no option is specified, returns a list describing all of the available options for pathName (see Tk_ConfigureInfo for information on the format of this list). If option is specified with no value, then the command returns a list describing the one named option (this list will be identical to the corresponding sublist of the value returned if no option is specified). If one or more option-value pairs are specified, then the command modifies the given widget option(s) to have the given value(s); in this case the command returns an empty string. Option may have any of the values accepted by the tixControl command.
- pathName decr
- Decrements the value of the Control widget by the step specified by the -step option.
- pathName incr
- Increments the value of the Control widget by the step specified by the -step option.
- pathName invoke
- Causes the command specified by the -command option to be invoked.
- pathName update
- If the user has modified the entry using keyboard inputs, the update command will update the -value of this Control widget. When the Control widget's -selectmode option is set to "normal", one should call the update command on this widget before examining its -value option. This command has no effect in if the -selectmode option is set to "immediate".
- pathName subwidget name ?args?
When no options are given, this command returns the pathname of the
subwidget of the specified name.
When options are given, the widget command of the specified subwidget will be called with these options.
When the user presses the up/down arrow buttons (or press the <Up> and <Down> arrow keys on the keyboard), the value of the tixControl widget is adjusted according to the -validatecmd, -incrcmd, -decrcmd, -step, -max and -min options.