SYNOPSIStixScrolledListBox pathName ?options? -anchor -background -cursor
WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS[ -anchor anchor Anchor ] Specifies the alignment of the items inside the listbox subwidget. Only the values w and e are allowed. When set to w, the listbox is automatically aligned to the beginning of the items. When set to e, the listbox is automatically aligned to the end of the items. Automatically alignment only happens when the ScrolledListBox widget changes its size. [ -browsecmd browsecmd BrowseCmd ] Specifies the command to be called when the user browses the elements inside the listbox subwidget (see the BINDINGS section below). [ -command command Command ] Specifies the command to be called when the user invokes the listbox subwidget (see the BINDINGS section below). [ -height height Height ] Specifies the desired height for the window, in pixels. [ -scrollbar scrollbar Scrollbar ] Specifies the display policy of the scrollbars. The following values are recognized:
- auto ?+x? ?-x? ?+y? ?-y?
- When -scrollbar is set to "auto", the scrollbars are shown only when needed. Additional modifiers can be used to force a scrollbar to be shown or hidden. For example, "auto -y" means the horizontal scrollbar should be shown when needed but the vertical scrollbar should always be hidden; "auto +x" means the vertical scrollbar should be shown when needed but the horizontal scrollbar should always be shown, and so on.
- Both scrollbars are shown
- The scrollbars are never shown.
- Only the horizontal scrollbar is shown;
- Only the vertical scrollbar is shown.
Name: hsb Class: Scrollbar
- The horizontal scrollbar subwidget.
Name: listbox Class: Listbox
- The listbox subwidget inside the ScrolledListBox widget.
Name: vsb Class: Scrollbar
- The vertical scrollbar subwidget.
The tixScrolledListBox command creates a new window (given by the pathName argument) and makes it into a ScrolledListBox widget. Additional options, described above, may be specified on the command line or in the option database to configure aspects of the ScrolledListBox widget such as its cursor and relief.
The tixScrolledListBox command creates a new Tcl command whose name is the same as the path name of the ScrolledListBox widget's window. This command may be used to invoke various operations on the widget. It has the following general form:
pathName option ?arg arg ...?
- pathName cget option
- Returns the current value of the configuration option given by option. Option may have any of the values accepted by the tixScrolledListBox command.
- pathName configure ?option? ?value option value ...?
- Query or modify the configuration options of the widget. If no option is specified, returns a list describing all of the available options for pathName (see Tk_ConfigureInfo for information on the format of this list). If option is specified with no value, then the command returns a list describing the one named option (this list will be identical to the corresponding sublist of the value returned if no option is specified). If one or more option-value pairs are specified, then the command modifies the given widget option(s) to have the given value(s); in this case the command returns an empty string. Option may have any of the values accepted by the tixScrolledListBox command.
- pathName subwidget name ?args?
When no additional arguments are given, returns the pathname of the
subwidget of the specified name.
When no additional arguments are given, the widget command of the specified subwidget will be called with these parameters.
- If the -browsecmd option is set, the command which it referes to is called whenever a <ButtonPress-1> or a <Motion-1> event occurrs inside the listbox subwidget.
- The command specified by the -command option is invoked when a <Double-1> event occurrs inside the listbox subwidget.
BUGSThe capitalization of some of the commands names in Tix 3.x has been changed in Tix 4.0. All commands that ended with box have been changed to a capitalized Box. Hence, the command tixScrolledListbox in Tix 3.x has been changed to tixScrolledListBox in Tix 4.0