DESCRIPTIONtkdict is a Perl/Tk client for the Dictionary server protocol (DICT), which is used to query natural dictionaries hosted on a remote machine.
At the moment it's not very user oriented, since I've just been creating an interface to the protocol.
There is more information available in the Help menu when running tkdict.
- -h server or -host server
- The hostname for the DICT server.
- -p port or -port port
- Specify the port for connections (default is 2628, from RFC 2229).
- -c string or -client string
- Specify the CLIENT identification string sent to the DICT server.
- Display a short help message including command-line options.
- Display the full documentation for tkdict.
- Display the version of tkdict
- Display verbose information as tkdict runs.
- Display debugging information as tkdict runs. Useful mainly for developers.
KNOWN BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
- tkdict doesn't know how to handle firewalls.
- The authentication aspects of RFC 2229 aren't currently supported.
- See the ToDo page under the Help menu.
VERSION$Revision: 126.96.36.199 $
AUTHORNeil Bowers <[email protected]>
COPYRIGHTCopyright (C) 2001-2002 Neil Bowers. All rights reserved.
This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.