SYNOPSYStracker-extract [OPTION...] FILE...
DESCRIPTIONtracker-extract reads the file and mimetype provided in stdin and extract the metadata from this file; then it displays the metadata on the standard output.
NOTE: If a FILE is not provided then tracker-extract will run for 30 seconds waiting for DBus calls before quitting.
- -?, --help
- Show summary of options.
- -v, --verbosity=N
- Set verbosity to N. This overrides the config value. Values include 0=errors, 1=minimal, 2=detailed and 3=debug.
- -f, --file=FILE
- The FILE to extract metadata from. The FILE argument can be either a local path or a URI. It also does not have to be an absolute path.
- -m, --mime=MIME
- The MIME type to use for the file. If one is not provided, it will be guessed automatically.
- -m, --force-module=MODULE
Force a particular module to be used. This is here as a convenience
for developers wanting to test their MODULE file. Only the
MODULE name has to be specified, not the full path. Typically, a
MODULE is installed to /usr/lib/tracker-0.7/extract-modules/.
This option can be used with or without the .so part of the name too,
for example, you can use
Modules are shared objects which are dynamically loaded at run time. These files must have the .so suffix to be loaded and must contain the correct symbols to be authenticated by tracker-extract. For more information see the libtracker-extract reference documentation.
- -V, --version
Show binary version.
- Using command line to extract metadata from a file:
$ tracker-extract -v 3 -f /path/to/some/file.mp3
- Using a specific module to extract metadata from a file:
$ tracker-extract -v 3 -f /path/to/some/file.mp3 -m mymodule
- This is the directory which tracker uses to load the shared libraries from (used for extracting metadata for specific file types). These are needed on each invocation of tracker-store. If unset it will default to the correct place. This is used mainly for testing purposes. The default location is /usr/lib/tracker-1.0/extract-modules/.
- This is the directory which tracker uses to load the rules files from. The rules files describe extractor modules and their supported MIME types. The default location is /usr/share/tracker/extract-rules/.
Don't use GSettings, instead use a config file similar to how settings
were saved in 0.10.x. That is, a file which is much like an .ini file.
These are saved to $HOME/.config/tracker/