transmission-gtk [-pqm ] [torrent-file ... ]
DESCRIPTIONtransmission-gtk is a fast and easy BitTorrent client.
BitTorrent is a peer-to-peer file transfer protocol which uses a metainfo file (usually with the .torrent file extension) and a central tracker to distribute file data amongst a group of peers. For more information on the BitTorrent protocol see http://www.bittorrent.org/
- -? --help
- Show help options
- -p --paused
- Start with all torrents paused
- -m --minimized
- Start minimized in notification area
- -g, --config-dir directory
- Where to look for configuration files. This can be used to swap between using the cli, daemon, gtk, and qt clients. See http://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/ConfigFiles for more information.
Multiple .torrent files may be added at startup by appending them on the command line. If transmission-gtk is already running, the torrents will be added to the running instance.
- Sets the default config-dir.
- libcurl uses this environment variable when performing tracker announces. If set, this overrides the GNOME proxy preferences.
- The config-dir used when neither [TRANSMISSION_HOME ] nor [-g ] is specified.