SYNOPSISttcn3_logformat [ -i n ] [ -o outfile ] [ -s ] [ file.log ]
DESCRIPTIONThis manual page is a quick reference for the TTCN-3 logformat utility of the TTCN-3 Test Executor. The ttcn3_logformat utility, which can be found in $TTCN3_DIR/bin, reads the unformatted log file generated by test executor from its standard input. It can split up the log into several files based on the lines that are automatically logged at the beginning or end of each test case. Furthermore, ttcn3_logformat formats the sent and received messages in the log file. The structured values are indented and each field is put into a new line according to the braces and commas.
OPTIONSAvailable command line switches are:
- -i n
- Sets the depth of each indentation level to n characters. The default value is 4. If the sent or received PDU is too complex and has too deeply nested fields, this number can be decreased to get more readable output.
- -o outfile
- Places the output into file outfile. If the -s flag is also set, only those parts of the log files will be written into this file that were logged outside the test cases (i.e. in control part or on PTCs). If this option is omitted, the formatted log will be printed to standard output.
If this option is set, the entries that were recorded during the execution of a
particular test case will be saved in a separate file in
If this option is set, newline and tab characters are not modified, they are
printed as \n and \t
working directory. The name of this file will be identical to the name of the
test case. If the same test case is executed several times after each other, the
results of repeated test runs will be collected after each other. If the output
file contained some data before
was started (e.g. the results of previous test run), the output file will be
emptied and the old logs will be destroyed.
ttcn3_logformat recognizes any types of timestamps that can be set in the [LOGGING] section of the configuration file.
WARNING! This option is useless when formatting the log files of PTCs, because these logs do not contain the name of the testcase that the PTC belongs to.
- Prints version and license key information and exits.
- The installation directory where the uncompressed binary package of TTCN-3 Test Executor can be found.
- It shall point to the file (NB: not to its directory) that contains the personalized license key for the current user or host.
BUGSNone known at this time
For trouble reporting use the tool
For TR writers guide please visit the web page:
AUTHORThis manpage is written by Csaba Koppany, Ericsson Telecom AB
Copyright (c) 2000-2015 Ericsson Telecom AB
All rights reserved. This program and the accompanying materials are made available under the terms of the Eclipse Public License v1.0 which accompanies this distribution, and is available at