SYNOPSISTo compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file:
device ehci device uhci device ohci device usb device uath device wlan
Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf5:
DESCRIPTIONThe driver supports USB 2.0 wireless network devices based on Atheros Communications fifth generation AR5005UG and AR5005UX chipsets.
The AR5005UG chipset is made of an AR5523 multiprotocol MAC/baseband processor and an AR2112 Radio-on-a-Chip that can operate between 2300 and 2500 MHz (802.11b/g).
The AR5005UX chipset is made of an AR5523 multiprotocol MAC/baseband processor and an AR5112 dual band Radio-on-a-Chip that can operate between 2300 and 2500 MHz (802.11b/g) or 4900 and 5850 MHz (802.11a).
The AR5005UG and AR5005UX chipsets both have an integrated 32-bit MIPS R4000-class processor that runs a firmware and manages, among other things, the automatic control of the transmit rate and the calibration of the radio.
supports station and monitor mode operation. Only one virtual interface may be configured at any time. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8).
FIRMWARErequires firmware that is downloaded to the device. This is normally done by the uathload(8) utility that is launched by devd(8) when the device is inserted. uathload includes the firmware in the binary program. This firmware is licensed for general use and is included in the base system.
HARDWAREThe driver should work with the following adapters:
- Adapter Ta Chipset
- Compex WLU108AG Ta AR5005UX
- Compex WLU108G Ta AR5005UG
- D-Link DWL-G132 Ta AR5005UG
- IODATA WN-G54/US Ta AR5005UG
- MELCO WLI-U2-KAMG54 Ta AR5005UX
- Netgear WG111T Ta AR5005UG
- Netgear WG111U Ta AR5005UX
- Netgear WPN111 Ta AR5005UG
- Olitec 000544 Ta AR5005UG
- PLANET WDL-U357 Ta AR5005UX
- Siemens Gigaset 108 Ta AR5005UG
- SMC SMCWUSBT-G Ta AR5005UG
- SMC SMCWUSBT-G2 Ta AR5005UG
- SparkLAN WL-785A Ta AR5005UX
- TP-Link TL-WN620G Ta AR5005UG
- TRENDware International TEW-444UB Ta AR5005UG
- TRENDware International TEW-504UB Ta AR5005UX
- Unex Technology UR054ag Ta AR5005UX
- ZyXEL XtremeMIMO M-202 Ta AR5005UX
An up to date list can be found at http://customerproducts.atheros.com/customerproducts/default.asp
EXAMPLESJoin an existing BSS network (i.e., connect to an access point):
ifconfig wlan create wlandev uath0 inet 192.168.0.20 \ netmask 0xffffff00
Join a specific BSS network with network name ``my_net ''
"ifconfig wlan create wlandev uath0 ssid my_net up"
Join a specific BSS network with 64-bit WEP encryption:
ifconfig wlan create wlandev uath0 ssid my_net \ wepmode on wepkey 0x1234567890 weptxkey 1 up
Join a specific BSS network with 128-bit WEP encryption:
ifconfig wlan create wlandev uath0 wlanmode adhoc ssid my_net \ wepmode on wepkey 0x01020304050607080910111213 weptxkey 1
- "uath%d: could not send command (error=%s)"
- An attempt to send a command to the firmware failed.
- "uath%d: timeout waiting for command reply"
- A read command was sent to the firmware but the firmware failed to reply in time.
- "uath%d: device timeout"
- A frame dispatched to the hardware for transmission did not complete in time. The driver will reset the hardware. This should not happen.
HISTORYThe driver first appeared in Ox 4.0 .
AUTHORSAn -nosplit The driver was written by An Weongyo Jeong Aq [email protected] and An Sam Leffler Aq [email protected] . It is distantly related to a driver written by An Damien Bergamini Aq [email protected] .
CAVEATSAtheros proprietary 108 Mbps mode (aka Super AG mode) is not supported.
Dual-band adapters are presently not working; to workaround, restriction operation to 2.4GHz channels.