umview ... --preload umfuse.so
DESCRIPTIONumfuse is the user-mode implementation of virtual FUSE filesystems for umfuse. When this service module is loaded it is possible to mount umfuse file systems. FUSE and umfuse are source level compatible, it is possible to compile a FUSE file system implementation as a dynamic library. The name of umfuse file system implementation libraries must begin with umfuse.
Umfuse implemented file system are mounted and umounted by the standard utilities mount(8) and umount(8).
$ mount -t umfuseext2 /path/to/file.img /mount/point ... $ umount /mount/point
- give a verbose feedback of each operation on the virtual file system.
- specify the effective uid for the operation on the virtual file system
- specify the effective gid for the operation on the virtual file system
- umfuse is default mode is omnipotent, i.e. the user acts as root in the mounted file system. When a file system gets mounted with the human option, access control is enforced.
- umfuse modules main program invocation options.
calls the main program of the module with the standard syntax:
umfusexxxx -o options source mountpoint
- No image file should be specified.
- The string contains parameters that must be put before "-o options"
- The string contains parameters that must be added at the end
- This is the most powerful rewriting rule. If the main needs a completely different structure format can be used: the format string is similar to that used in printf. %O %S %M descriptors are substituted in the call as follows: %O=-o options, %S=source, %M=mountpoint.
- Show the call syntax before the actual call. Use it for debugging.
AUTHORSView-OS is a project of the Computer Science Department, University of Bologna. Project Leader: Renzo Davoli.
Howto's and further information can be found on the project wiki <wiki.virtualsquare.org>.