SYNOPSISunburden-home-dir [ -n | -u | -f filter ]
unburden-home-dir ( -h | --help | --version )
DESCRIPTIONunburden-home-dir unburdens the home directory from files and directory which cause high I/O or disk usage but are neither important if they are lost, e.g. caches or trash directory.
When being run it moves the files and directories given in the configuration file to a location outside the home directory, e.g. /tmp or /scratch, and puts appropriate symbolic links in the home directory instead.
- use the given string as basename instead of "unburden-home-dir".
- read an additional configuration file.
- read only the given configuration file
- just unburden those directory matched by the given filter (a perl regular expression) - it matches the already unburdened directories if used together with -u.
- Do not check for files in use with lsof before (re)moving files.
- read an additional list file
- read only the given list file
- dry run (show what would be done)
- undo (reverse the functionality and put stuff back into the home directory)
- -h, --help
- show this help
- show the program's version
EXAMPLESExample configuration files can be found at /usr/share/doc/unburden-home-dir/examples/ on Debian-based systems and in the etc/ directory of the source tar ball.
FILES/etc/unburden-home-dir, /etc/unburden-home-dir.list, ~/.unburden-home-dir, ~/.unburden-home-dir.list, ~/.config/unburden-home-dir/config, ~/.config/unburden-home-dir/list, /etc/default/unburden-home-dir, /etc/X11/Xsession.d/95unburden-home-dir
Read the documentation at either /usr/share/doc/unburden-home-dir/html/ on debianoid installations, at https://unburden-home-dir.readthedocs.io/ online, or in the docs/ directory in the source tar ball for an explanation of these files.
AUTHORUnburden Home Dir is written and maintained by Axel Beckert [email protected].
LICENSEUnburden Home Dir is available under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or any later version at your option.