$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base);
$u2 = $u1->abs;
DESCRIPTIONThis module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library.
The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface:
- The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface.
- The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase".
- The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs.
- $url->print_on method
- $url->crack method
- $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || ``/'')
- $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority
- $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query
- $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings.
- $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters)
- $url->params and $url->eparams methods
- $url->base method. See URI::WithBase.
- $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase.
- $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment
- $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords
- $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file.
- $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI
- $url->groupart method for news URI
- $url->article: same as $uri->message
COPYRIGHTCopyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas.