SYNOPSISTo compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file:
device ehci device uhci device ohci device usb device urtw device wlan
Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf5:
DESCRIPTIONThe driver supports USB 802.11b/g wireless adapters based on the Realtek RTL8187B/L.
supports station and monitor mode operation. Only one virtual interface may be configured at any time. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8).
HARDWAREThe driver supports Realtek RTL8187B/L based wireless network devices, including:
- Card Radio Bus
- "Belkin F5D7050E RTL8225 USB"
- "Linksys WUSB54GCv2 RTL8225 USB"
- "Netgear WG111v2RTL8225USB"
- "Netgear WG111v3RTL8225USB"
- "Safehome WLG-1500SMA5RTL8225USB"
- "Shuttle XPC Accessory PN20RTL8225USB"
- "Sitecom WL168v1RTL8225USB"
- "Sitecom WL168v4RTL8225USB"
- "SureCom EP-9001-g(2A)RTL8225USB"
- "TRENDnet TEW-424UB V3.xRRTL8225USB"
EXAMPLESJoin an existing BSS network (i.e., connect to an access point):
ifconfig wlan create wlandev urtw0 inet 192.168.0.20 \ netmask 0xffffff00
Join a specific BSS network with network name ``my_net ''
"ifconfig wlan create wlandev urtw0 ssid my_net up"
Join a specific BSS network with 64-bit WEP encryption:
ifconfig wlan create wlandev urtw0 ssid my_net \ wepmode on wepkey 0x1234567890 weptxkey 1 up
HISTORYThe device driver first appeared in Fx 8.0 .
AUTHORSAn -nosplit The driver was written by An Weongyo Jeong Aq [email protected] .